This is basically the thought process that was happening when I bought the Illamasqua Decadence lashes. They captured my heart the first time I saw them and the fact that they came in a pack with a Precision Ink in Abyss only served to sweeten the deal. I'll save my review of the liquid liner for later though because I wanted to compare it with some of the others in my collection.
Look how beautiful these lashes are! I actually ordered the Opulence lashes which have the antique gold diamantes on them but this pair got delivered instead and I still love them so it's all good. I wanted to try them with a look so I came up with an icy retro inspired holiday look using silver and blue.
I pulled out some products I've been neglecting. I used (from left to right) MAC Bare Study Paint Pot, Sugarpill Tako eyeshadow, Sugarpill Afterparty eyeshadow and Sugarpill Tiara loose pigment. The last two swatches are of the same product except the first is Sugarpill Tiara swatched dry and the last one is the same product swatched wet.
To get the look you need to:
1. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid
2. Apply MAC Bare Study Paint Pot all over the lid
3. Apply Sugarpill Tako eyeshadow on to the lid and around the tear duct and blend out the edges
4. Apply Sugarpill Tiara loose pigment wet to the lid and then pick up some of the same product dry on a blending brush to blend out the edges
5. You then need to use a very soft hand to apply some of the Sugarpill Afterparty eyeshadow into the crease so that the end result is a very soft cut crease.
6. Apply the Illamasqua Precision Ink liner in Abyss to the top lashline
7. Apply Rimmel Kohl pencil liner in White to the water line and work it into the bottom lash line.
8. Finish up the look with a coat of Avon Supershock Mascara.
Here's the same look as above with the Illamasqua Decadence Falsh lashes applied.
It's a bit over the top but I think the effect is quite cool and would look awesome as part of a costume. I just don't know how long you could wear them for because they are so heavy and uncomfortable to wear and I actually had a bit of trouble seeing since the diamantes start very close to the tear duct. They do photograph beautifully though and it was such an effort cutting down the images to the ones I've chosen to include.
I love how they almost look like delicate rain drops on the end of your lashes.
The lashes are quite fragile and I lost a diamante after this little photoshoot so they'll be staying in the box for a while I think. By the way, the included lash glue is amazing! I think it's actually better than Duo adhesive and I'll probably end up purchasing a full bottle of it.
I purchased my set of lashes and liner from ASOS but it seems to have sod out there but you can still get the Decadence set from the Illamasqua website for £25.00 although that set comes with a different coloured liner.
What do you think of these lashes? Do you own a pair of fabulous lashes? If so, what look do you pair them with?