I've remained somewhat anonymous on my blog because... well I'm not too sure why but I thought it was about time we officially met...
So hi, my name's Ahalya and I'm a 26 year old lawyer from Melbourne who just happens to have a major makeup obsession!
I decided it was about time I showed my full face here because there are just some looks and products I can't review/show you properly with out it. That being said, there are some days when I'll still post EOTD's only because I have yet to master taking full face shots using my DSLR. Anyone have any tips? Please leave them below because I'd definitely appreciate it.
So on to the look. I pretty much never wear the same EOTD 2 days in a row because I love experimenting but sometimes I land on a look that is so easy and flattering that it becomes a bit of a go-to.
This look has definitely become my new go-to look in this last week:
It's just an everyday slightly smokey eye with some major inner corner highlighting (you've probably noticed by now that this is one of my favourite things to do).
I decided to try out a step by step approach to my EOTD's so let me know whether you prefer this or if I should go back to my old format.
1. I always begin any eye look by prepping my eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion. I know there are lots more primers on the market but this is the only one that really works for me.
2. I used some MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot on my lid just up to the crease and around the tear duct.
3. I picked up some MAC Cork eye shadow on a crease brush and worked it into my crease.
4. I patted some MAC All that Glitters eye shadow all over my lid and around my tear duct.
5. I used a clean blending brush to blend out all the harsh edges and then applied MAC Solar White eye shadow around my tear duct.
6. I picked up some MAC Sketch eye shadow on a tapered blending brush and darkened the crease and outer v. Sorry about the hair in the picture, I didn't notice it until I started cropping the images.
7. I blended out the edges of the Sketch using MAC Cork eye shadow and then applied MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to my top lashline. I finished up with a coat or two of Rimmel 1,2,3 Looks mascara (review to come).
I don't like the look of my eyes with any liner on the bottom lashline so I usually skip it but it would look great with this look.
What's your current go-to EOTD combination?