Thursday, July 28, 2011
'In the garden' FOTD
I've been trying to get the hang of the whole FOTD thing so I thought the more that I post some, the more comfortable/easier it'll become.
This is the look that I wore to work today.
I bought some Everyday Mineral's eyeshadows a while back and I wanted to use one of them in a look so I decided to use 'In the Garden' eyeshadow which is a gorgeous cool bronze shade with reflective shimmer through it.
I paired it with a few browns and gold toned shades which I swatched below:
Left to right: Everyday Minerals 'In the Garden', MAC Club, MAC Embark, MAC Patina, MAC Solar White
Here's how I got the look:
1. I started off by priming my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. I applied some MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot on to the lid
3. I used a fluffy shader brush to apply a wash of Everyday Mineral In the Garden eyeshadow over the lid
4. I worked MAC Cork eye shadow in to the crease.
5. I applied MAC Club eye shadow on to the outer v and into the crease
6. I used a tapered blending brush to apply MAC Embark eye shadow into the crease and outer v to darken it.
7. I blended out all the harsh edges using a clean blending brush and then applied a mixture of MAC Patina and MAC Solar White eye shadow around the tear duct
8. I finished off the eyes by lining my top lashline with NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black and coating my lashes in Loreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Blackest Black.
After I finished the look, I decided to skip my usual neutral lip and go for a bright red instead and in the end I went with NARS Bloodwork lipgloss.
Isn't it gorgeous? I was worried that it didn't have enough orange in it for me to pull it off but I really love it on.
On the rest of my face I'm wearing:
MeMeMe Sunbeam Beat the Blues Illuminator under my foundation on the tops of my cheekbones
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC42
Laura Mercier Under eye Perfector in Orange
TheBalm Time Balm concealer in Mid Medium
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to set my concealer
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Dark
NARS Taj Mahal blush